PRODUCTS - SERVICES - APPLICATIONS - TECHNOLOGIES
Satellites & Missions
- PRISMA (PRecursore IperSpettrale della Missione Applicativa) satellite was realized for the Italian Space Agency (ASI) by a consortium led by OHB Italia S.p.A. as Prime Contractor with an innovative hyperspectral optical instrument developed by Leonardo. It was successfully launched atop a Vega launcher on 22nd March 2019 from Arianespace’s Kourou Spaceport in French Guyana. In December 2019 ASI declared the successful conclusion of the Operational Qualification phase and thereby the formal completion of the Commissioning of the satellite.
- NAOS (National Advanced Optical System) is a very-high-resolution optical satellite system developed by OHB Italia S.p.A. as the Prime Contractor for the Luxembourg Government. NAOS contract is an end-to-end agreement for the provision both of the satellite and of its ground segment.
- EAGLET II CONSTELLATION is composed of 57 MiniSat with worldwide coverage and very small revisit time (every 30 min.). The constellation will monitor climate changes, marine/land surveillance as well as enable security and emergency services.
- VEnUS (Vega Electric nudge Upper Stage) is an electrical Transfer/Module to be installed on VEGA payload interface to perform constellation precise orbit positioning, in orbit services and orbit transfers.
- LARES is a spherical passive satellite launched in 2012 on VEGA maiden flight. LARES 2 is to be launched in 2020 on VEGA-C maiden flight. Both systems were developed under ASI flag.
Earth Observation Instruments
- MWI is a conically scanning microwave radiometer providing measurement of precipitation, observations of clouds, snow, sea-ice coverage, water vapor, temperature and surface imagery. Met-Op mission, a program that was jointly established by ESA and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (Eumetsat), is forming the space segment of Eumetsat's Polar System (EPS).
- CIMR (Copernicus Imaging Microwave Radiometer) the mission would carry a wide-swath conicallyscanning multi-frequency microwave radiometer to provide observations of sea-surface temperature, sea-ice concentration and sea-surface salinity.
Space Situational Awareness
- FLYEYE is an innovative large-field-of-view telescope developed by OHB Italia S.p.A for the Italian Space Agency ASI and the European Space Agency ESA able to monitor dangerous asteroids or space debris running towards the Earth one week in advance thanks to its very large field of view (FOV). It will use optical Sensor for Space Surveillance / Tracking (SST) and for Space Situational Awareness to detect Near-Earth Object Segment (SSA-NEO).
Electronics and Mechanisms
- OHB Italia realized several Launch Locking Device (LLD) for MetOp-SG, MWI Inst., ICI Inst. and also Separation Subsystem for LARES I (spherical passive satellite launched in 2012 on VEGA maiden flight) and LARES II (to be launched in 2021 on VEGA-C maiden flight). Both systems were developed under ASI flag.
- BIOMASS Earth Explorer Mission of ESA for Biomass and Tropical Forest Observation (distribution, annual changes, links with Earth climate). Essential support to UN treaties on the reduction of emissions from deforestation and forest degradation. It will carry the first P-band synthetic aperture radar, able to deliver accurate maps of tropical, temperate and boreal forest biomass.
Scientific and Planetary Instruments
- ISRU Demonstrator Payload for extraction of Oxygen from lunar regolith on lunar surface. OHB Italia, involved in ISRU developments since 2009, is working on ESA projects relevant for the extraction of oxygen from the regolith minerals and is performing important system studies and technology research.
- LISA PATHFINDER is an ESA Mission to detect one of the most elusive phenomena in astronomy: gravitational waves. It has a Caging Mechanism with the function to hold the Test Mass inside the intertial sensor during launch then release it in a very soft way.
- EUCLID is an electronic unit for ESA/NASA Mission. Flight hardware of the Visible Instrument and of the Near Infrared Spectrometer / Photometer. Main target: to map the geometry of the Universe and better understand the mysterious dark matter and dark energy.
- IXPE The Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer exploits the polarization state of light from astrophysical sources to provide insight into our understanding of X-ray production in objects such as neutron stars and pulsar wind nebulae, as well as stellar and supermassive black holes.